Thursday, March 29, 2007

Busy Girl

Whew!

Okay, so I did my billing.....it was totally painless and took me only an hour. Why, oh why do I put that off?

It's not like I don't get anything out of it! I get money! I think the work I do is enjoyable - it gets me out of the house, I work for people that REALLY appreciate me and it doesn't feel like work to me. Maybe that's why. I don't feel like I'm owed anything? Hmmm....


So I got another recipe developing project and there's no way I could work in this:
So I spent 2-3 hours making our office/playroom looking like this:

Whew! Much better!

And it was my night out last night....I met my dear friends, Hilary and Kirsten, for dinner. It was Hilary's birthday at the beginning of the month and I forgot.
Because I'm a crappy friend.
But she loves me anyway.
How lucky am I?

Anyway, it was great to get out of the house and be with two people I'm so comfortable with. We are all recipe developers, so we have such a complete understanding of each other's lives. And they're both Moms, too.
We all met while working for a big cooking contest. Hilary and I were working as college interns and Kirsten was already a professional. I think that was almost 12 years ago!

Anyway, sometimes our job can be a tough gig. People can get competitive, mean and sneaky. You're only as good as your last project and it's a job that comes with so much criticism. I feel lucky to have met such dear friends!

So! Today I think I'm going to do one last coat of paint on the white doors. I was examining them in the basement and I decided that one more coat - just to be safe - would be a good idea.

I also need to go to Home Depot and get some shelf pegs for the one shelf I have left to put into place. After I put all but one of the shelves up, I was left with 3 broken shelf pegs.
I need four.
Preferably not broken.

Oooo! Check out Heather J's blog. She did a really cute project!

1 comment:

Mrs. Jones said...

Wow, a recipe developer. That sounds so interesting. I am cooking-challenged, so you are my hero. ;-) The desk looks really great. My desk is always messy, but that stresses me out. So you would think I would keep it neat. And I was an executive secretary, so again, you would think I would keep it neat. not.

Doesn't it feel good when you get something done that you were avoiding?