Friday, March 16, 2007

The Floor Guy Is Coming Today!









All right, friends. The floor guy is coming today. I have the samples above, with the cabinet door (see how green it looks? Remember, it's supposed to be charcoal gray.) and the counter top choices. I like the middle countertop piece the best.
As for the floor, what do you think about the black on the left and the tan tile together? Or should I go with white?


I was originally going for the classic black and white diamond pattern - similar to the picture of the white cabinets. The tan just seems a little warmer. I think either one would be fine, but what do YOU think?




And I want some answers here, people.


Here's a little progress photo comparison!



The floor will probably be installed in about 2 weeks.

Now I need to get the countertops ordered.

I should be getting wallpaper samples any day now.

Thanks to Janelle and Heather J for their comments about the chandelier! I still don't know what to do about that :) Janelle, time to update the ol' blog, sister. I check it every day. Heather, good job, soldier!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi - just wanted to stop by and say that I've enjoyed reading about your kitchen remodel. I've painted kitchen cabinets before - what a chore! When I was done, I vowed never to do it again, I was so tired of the whole process. Glad you're enjoying it.

I like you plans for the floor - I think tan is a great way to go. And something that has a bit more color variation than white will be easier to keep looking clean. Also, can I make another suggestion? Go with colored grout, the darker the better. I don't know if you have kids or pets, but I recently remodeled my kitchen, and the dogs go through the kitchen to get to the backyard. I think if I had light-colored grout, I would be down on my knees scrubbing at least once a week.

If you're interested, you can see some pictures of my kitchen renovation here. The countertops and sink are in now, but I need to upload more photos. All that's left to do is paint and hang the new light fixtures - I've been procrastinating on the painting for months, but I've vowed to finish it this weekend!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knockout13/tags/kitchen/

Mrs. Jones said...

Thanks Martha! I sure appreciate having a regular reader since I am a blog newbee! I have been MIA b/c my honey surprised me and stayed home today to repaint the red room for me. I told him I would paint it, but he did it anyway. What a guy!

Anyway, I really love the floor tiles. I would stay with the tan not only because it is warmer but shows less dirt. I also second your choice on the middle counter color. You must be soooo excited! I especially love new flooring. If you have to have grout with it, I used to have a lot of grout and I cleaned it with Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser (the greatest cleaning product known to man).

Have a nice weekend!

I really like the first chandelier pic you posted too. I am chandelier shopping, but I'm going with a discount model from Lowe's and I'm going to dress it up with shades.

Jen Kershner said...

I have to say that I like the tan too. I'm so tired of things that show dirt so easily (like my 6 year old!). Good luck with these decisions. They are never easy when you know you have to spend so much money on them and live with them for such a long time.

Anonymous said...

I too am about to embark on the kitchen remodeling path. I loved your checker board example. Very cottage like! Can't wait to see your progress.