Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Questions For Amy

So remember yesterday when I said I'm going to have a weekly interview in this blog?

Well, I've been trying to come up with some questions! Does anybody out there have a good question to ask Amy? If you do, please click on the comments section after this entry and let me know!

Here's what I've come up with so far:
  • Tell me about your childhood.
  • When you were a fresh-faced h.s. graduate, what did you think your life would be like?
  • If your life isn't exactly like you thought it would be, how and when did you decide to make changes?
  • If you could live/visit anywhere, where would it be?
  • What kind of things do you want your children to remember about their childhood?
  • What were your college years like?
  • Which part of your life (besides now) would you want to go back and re-live (i.e.- what was the best time in your life besides right now?)?
  • What kind of music do you like?
  • Favorite Movies?
  • Favorite Books/Authors?
  • Hobbies?
  • If you had a string of days to do whatever you wanted.....what would you do?
  • Dream Job?
  • What are your talents?
  • What is a talent that you don't think you have, but would really like?
  • What attracted you to your spouse/partner?
  • Were you ever in love before your current relationship?
  • What does your dream house look like?

Okay.....so there are some questions. What am I missing?

I still haven't emailed Amy, but I will right after I finish writing this. Hopefully she will read this blog today - when she's supposed to be working ! Ha! I was thinking we'd meet at a wine bar I've been dying to go to and then maybe we could have the other girls meet us later?!

So - yesterday I didn't do anything to the kitchen. It was so HOT outside (When I was watching the 5 pm news, the temp was 87 degrees! 45 would be normal this time of year.) that I took all the bedding off our beds and washed the sheets and hung them outside to dry. I love that.

But - you know it's not that easy. Because I threw away my old clothespins last fall. So I went to Super Target to get new ones (and I had to pick up some things for work today). Did they have clothespins? Of course not!!! Come ON! That would be too easy!

Do you know who does have clothespins?

My Mom!

LOTS of 'em!

I've heard from both of my sis-in-laws that my 2 brothers and I are weird about our clean sheets. And I can tell you that we got it from our Mother. I know that Joe likes to hang his sheets out and I'm nuts about it, too. In fact, I do believe Joe is NOT supposed to have an outdoor clothes line where he lives.

But he does.

Always the rebel.

Anyway.....my Mom was taking care of Sweet Angel:


Here she is at Christmas time with her Daddy (my brother Joe).

So, I just love talking to her. She will repeat anything, and you just never know what an almost 3 year old will say. Here is how our conversation went:
Martha: "Sweet Angel, where's your Daddy?"
Sweet Angel: "At woook!"
M: " Where does he work?"
She tells me.
M: "Where does Mommy work?"
SA: "Mr. Nassim"
M: "No.....does she work at the Hospital?"
SA: "Noooooooo..."
M: "Is your Mommy a Nurse?"
SA: "YES!"
M: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
SA: *jumping up and down* "A PIRATE!!!!"
So we start making pirate noises.

Gosh, I love her.

Have a great day! What are you doing today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to be your first interview! I read this at home after work and after I got your e-mail. No time to be on the internet at work today. My kindergarten daughter is standing next to me reading as I type! I love that she can read!

Amy

Mrs. Jones said...

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I tried to do a gazillion things in one day. Then I lose the computer when the rest of the fam gets home. Yesterday was a beautiful day, wasn't it? I bought peach ice cream and ate it on the porch. I don't hang-dry my sheets, but I do have a thing about clean, nice, good-smelling sheets. I have brother named Joe too. No niece of newphew though. :-( Sweet Angel is absolutely adorable! There is so much joy in her precious little face.

p.s. great questions