I went to a tiling class! It was fun and I know I can do the tiling by myself! Yay me!
I have some things to consider.....who wants to help me?
You do? Awwww, thanks! You're such a good friend!
Okay. Here they are:
- I can't get my mind off of marble tile. So pretty! And so expensive! Not only is it expensive, but would it look dumb with my cheap-o laminate coutertops? This is not the time to be polite. Just tell me...
So... here they are. Aren't they pretty? One thing to consider here, besides the counter top and the price is I will have to rent a wet saw. Not a huge deal, but I will have to purchase all of the tiles at once and do the tiling in one fell-swoop. Since I tend to start and stop projects, this could be interesting.
- Another option: The tile place I went to has a really pretty tile with some crazing. I love it! It's cheaper than the marble, but more expensive than getting the subway tiles at Home Depot or Lowe's. Let's see if I can find a photo of it.........
Or.....I can just go to Home Depot and get a plain subway tile. Cheap...20 cents a piece.
By the way, I want to do a decorative strip and a chair rail-type tile, too. I can do this with any of the tile options - no problem. Here is and example of the look I'm going for:
Okay, but you know it's not going to be quite that extensive, right?
I'm just talking the subway tiles with a strip of the decorative tile and then a strip of the chair rail...although I'm kind of liking that diamond-shaped tile on top.....hmmmm......Well.....I don't have a lot of space to tile, so it can't get too fancy. Here's a reminder of what I will be tiling:
And I have to wait for Zuddy to patch the holes in the walls.
So essentially, this may not happen till it's time for us to enter a nursing home.
What else is going on?
- I worked a little on Wednesday, on Thursday and Friday. So much FUN!!!! My friend Judy called and asked me to prepare a bunch of recipes for a taste panel. I got to work with her, my friend Sandy and I got to see my dear friend, Loree. Who, by the way, turned 50. And to celebrate? You know what she did? Ran the Twin Cities Marathon. Psycho. Happy Birthday, Loree!!! You're the best!
- We have a Bridal shower for my cousin, Katie today. I need to go and buy the gift. I will take a picture of the loot. It's a bunch of kitchen items that I love and can't live without. Franklin will be there. I can't wait to smooch his little cheeks and sniff his little head.
- Officer Mc Hott came over on Friday night to return something Zuddy loaned him. He stayed for a while and told us "cop stories". Zuddy and I LOVE his cop stories. He cracks us up. I want to set him up with my neighbor Jenny. Or me. Or Zuddy. Ha haaaaaaa! Just kidding. He and Jenny would make a good looking couple. Who cares if they have nothing in common, right? Tee hee.
All right! Have a great day :)