Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Yummy Burgers

Dudes.

Last night I made some kickin' burgers for dinner. We really don't make burgers here too much. I think they're kind of ho-hum.

Except for McDonald's cheeseburgers. Love those.

So here's what I did:

1 lb. ground beef (I bought it from the farmer's market. Grass-fed and pastured)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (I didn't measure. It was 1/2 of a small onion)
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley (again - I just threw some in)
Worchestershire sauce - a couple of squirts. Don't overdo it, though.
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1-2 tablespoons Kraft horseradish sauce.

Just mix it all together with your clean paws and form into 4 patties.
I grilled them for about 4 minutes on each side. The last 2 minutes of grilling, I grilled the buns, cut side-down.

You can hardly taste the horseradish sauce in there, but it really gives it that extra something. These burgers are so flavorful that I just ate one with nothing on it - no condiments!! And I'm a girl who loves condiments :)

I hope you try it and like it!

I can't wait!!!! Tonight I'm going to my nephew's baseball game. He's in the 3rd grade right now, and I know it doesn't sound exciting, but I can't believe how much we all enjoy his games. He is really good and so are his teammates! I'll take pictures.

Well, I have a doctor's appt. The ol' Zoloft has lost it's effectiveness, friends. I'm worried about trying something new, especially since I start working next week, but hopefully my awesome doctor can get it right for me. Wish me luck.

Have a great day! It is absolutely gorgeous here today!

4 comments:

the tattered nest said...

good luck today at the doctor...hope everything works out...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the burger recipe. I love burgers and am always trying new recipes. If anyone has the Tastefully Simple dried horseradish spice, that tastes good in burgers with a little worchestershire if you are short on time. I just watched some burger cookoff on the food network on Saturday. Yum, they had a beef burger competition and an alternative burger competition.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! :)

Mrs. Jones said...

Thanks for the yummy burger recipe. I can't wait to try it. I do have a weakness for McDonalds burgers, too.