Yeah. Did you really think there was going to be a deep thought within a 10 mile radius of this blog?
Come on. You know me better than that!
Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? The one with Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova? Oh my gosh, it was so good.
The overall theme of the show was about friendship, and they discussed the lives of Chris and Martina and how they were competitors on the court, but pals and supporters and admirers of one an others' tennis talents off the courts. And let me tell you? Those ladies looked amazing. Martina has gotten so beautiful as she has aged!! Chris, too...but especially Martina. And the pythons on that woman!!! Holy crap. That girl is solid muscle. They showed her at her home in Colorado and how she works out.
Oprah also had Coach Vivian Stringer from the Rutgers University Women's Basketball team. She has a memoir out right now and Oprah interviewed her about the Don Imus (IDIOT) scandal and about other painful events in her life. I never knew anything about her, but she is one amazing chick. I'm going to buy her book and have it on hand for the Noodle to read.
Anyway.....good stuff, people....good stuff.
So - in honor of this show? I'm:
- Going for a walk with Amy today.
- Going over to Hilary's to look at her new flower boxes to brainstorm which flowers she should put in them. Any ideas? Let me know!!
- I'm going to call my pal Sandy.
- I'm going to email Colleen and apologize for not going to her birthday party because I was too tired. (I think my body is fighting off something....I've been sleeping a lot. Lots of napping over here).
- I'm going to call MJ.
- I'm going to sign the Noodle up for St. Paul Urban Tennis.
- I'm going to buy new socks.
Okay....that last one has nothing to do with friends. Except maybe my friends would be happy for me if I had new socks?
I'm going to Chicago tomorrow.....have a great couple of days everyone!