1. Man. I just finished testing the best little cookbook!
I mean it: THE. BEST.
I try not to talk too specifically about work on here - unless I think it would be terribly interesting to my friends, the Internets.
I do that so I won't - you know - get FIRED.
But this cookbook is soooo good. When it comes out in the spring/summer I'll let you know. It's all chicken.
And it's delicious and perfect.
2. It's been very cold here. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get to work on Tuesday. I was LIVID. Because the roads were perfectly clear and drivable. And my commute is normally 20 minutes.
3. Then? It took me another 1 1/2 hours to get home and I even left work early! I was kind of expecting that because it started snowing and roads weren't that great. I left at 2:30 pm.
4. I have no right to complain because my pal Colleen's hubby drives the same route as me and it took him 3 hours to get home.
4. Then Noodle had her very first strings concert Tuesday night. She was so excited. We live 10 minutes (about 5 miles) from her school and it took us 30 minutes to get there. Something we didn't know?
Was it was a BAND concert as well.
So we had to sit through that too.
The kids did great, so I don't mean to complain, but I'm sure you can feel my pain when I tell you that the band would play a simple song together. Then? EACH PERSON in the band would play the same song solo.
Then the band would play the song together again.
And there were two bands.
Each playing 3-4 selections apiece.
And I was on the road for 4 hours of my day on Tuesday.
And I wanted to slit my wrists and drain my body of all of it's blood, but....
5. I can't because I HADN'T STARTED my Christmas shopping.
6. I started it yesterday. It took forever. And I picked up my Christmas photo cards, which look awful.
And that's my own fault for never taking pictures of my kid. Hence, my New Years resolution to take more photos.
7. I will go out again today and finish the shopping.
8. I made coffee yesterday morning and didn't put the pot in the coffee maker.
There was an entire pot of coffee dripping on the floor and filling the inside of one drawer and cupboard.
9. I made bacon omlettes for dinner last night. To streamline my bacon-making process, I made it in the oven.
Where all of the grease dripped from the broiler pan and all over the bottom my oven.
And the smell of bacon has permeated the house, furniture and all of our clothing.
10. Some guy I knew in the 7th grade asked me to be his friend on Facebook.
I thought, "Awww....that's so nice! He was always such a great guy! I wonder what he's up to?!"
So I wrote him a note asking him about himself.
And he sent me a note back saying he "couldn't quite place me" but he and Zuddy were friends in high school and to tell Zuddy "hello".